I'm on the road, in search of food — food for my body, food for my mind, food for my soul. I dedicate this blog to peanut butter, my best friend. Food is what we're all about. Cheers!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Oatmeal Fruit And Nut Cookies (Including 1 Egg)



These cookies are sweetened basically with chopped dried apples and only a tablespoon of agave nectar. Of course, agave nectar is extremely potent and a tablespoon will go a long way. You might want to reduce it even more after you taste this amount.

My recipe was inspired by Julia Ferre's recipe for "Oatmeal and Walnut Cookies" on page 171 in Basic Macrobiotic Cooking (available on the George Ohsawa Macrobiotic Foundation website).

Oatmeal Fruit and Nut Cookies

350 degrees F. oven
22 minutes
oiled baking sheet

1/4 cup unrefined organic sesame oil
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1 egg
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon
unrefined sea salt
2 1/2 cups oat flour (Bob's Red Mill Whole Oat Flour)
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/4 cups (4 ounces) dried apples, chopped into tiny pieces
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped tiny, some ground, then toasted

Mix dough, then let sit for 15 minutes.
Roll into balls (gently), then press flat with fingers onto the oiled baking sheet. Bake for 22 minutes in preheated 350-degree oven.


Here is the list of my favorite cookie recipes I made in the past couple of weeks:

Related Blog Articles:
The Benefits Of Whole Foods
No More Sugar
What Counts As Sugar?
Trying Out New Cookie Recipes