I'm on the road, in search of food — food for my body, food for my mind, food for my soul. I dedicate this blog to peanut butter, my best friend. Food is what we're all about. Cheers!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Johnson's Steakhouse



One day on our trip, we had a nice quiet lunch at a golf course in Weaverville, California, before we visited the "Weaverville Joss House State Historic Park" in the main part of town.

Sitting at our lunch-table in
"Johnson's Steakhouse," we could see glimpses of the Trinity Alps golf course through our window, which looked very pretty and inviting. Our menu seemed rather old-fashioned, which meant the choices were simple, the food was predictable, and everything tasted good. The service, on the other hand, was also good! I asked for a side of whole wheat toast, which wasn't on the menu, and our waitress was very accommodating.

Besides the whole wheat toast (unexpectedly, they used a good hearty whole-grain bread),
I chose a green house salad, and steak fries (large pieces of potato) served with tomato ketchup. (Definitely not my usual fare!) I also ordered a pot of tea and substituted my own bag of kukicha tea. The water in the tea pot tasted really good even before any tea was added. (Good water.) Although I didn't eat everything that was placed in front of me, I was well-satisfied with my lunch and had a nice time.

Here's a link to their dinner menu.

Related Blog Articles:
Eating On The Road
Adapting To The Road
Adapting Our Diets To The Situation