I'm on the road, in search of food — food for my body, food for my mind, food for my soul. I dedicate this blog to peanut butter, my best friend. Food is what we're all about. Cheers!

Friday, February 17, 2012

My Favorite Local Restaurants Today


My husband and I both love to try out new places to eat, so we can add them to our list of favorites! Right off the top of my head, here are some of our favorite restaurants in the area:

Downtown Santa Cruz:
Little Shanghai's (they've got brown rice that's delicious)
Woodstock's Pizza (whole wheat vegetarian pizza is very good)
Rosie McCann's
Zachary's
Walnut Avenue Cafe
The Bagelry
Noah's Bagels

On Mission Street (Highway 1):
Omei's Chinese Cuisine
Ristoranti Avanti's (fancy, delicious, innovative--I had my first dish of stinging nettles here, it was very good!)

Seabright:

Linda's Seabreeze Cafe
Seabright Brewery

Capitola:
Dharma's (They have the widest selection of organic whole grains and veggies of anybody!)
Gayle's Bakery & Rosticceria
Takara Japanese Restaurant

Aptos:
The Silver Spur

Felton, Highway 9:
The Cowboy Bar & Grill (yam pancakes for me; Michael likes their burgers)
Rocky's Cafe

Boulder Creek, Highway 9:

Boulder Creek Brewery (they serve veggie or meat burgers on hearty whole grain bread if you ask, and have great onion rings and sweet potato fries)
Scopazzi's
Old Mountain Inn (They have the best mountain porridge and buckwheat pancakes around.)

Also, worthy of mention: Every year in February they have a Clam Chowder Cook Off at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. You can buy a ticket to taste a bunch of entries and cast your vote for the best. I've never tasted since I'm allergic to clams, but I've had a lot of fun watching!


Related Blog Articles:

The Annual Clam Chowder Cook Off
Whole Grains In Restaurants

Boulder Creek Brewery
Linda's Seabreeze Cafe

Little Shanghai's